Many communities are experiencing thefts from individuals that are following the delivery trucks on their routes and stealing the packages off of the front porch shortly after they have been delivered. If you are having packages delivered to your home:
- Make sure you get a tracking number from the store you make the purchase from.
- Track the package often to verify the anticipated delivery date.
- Watch for the delivery truck to drop off your package(s) and retrieve them from the porch as soon as they are delivered.
- If you cannot be home during the scheduled delivery date, ask a neighbor, friend or family member to retrieve the package(s) for you.
- If you see any suspicious vehicles by your home shortly after any packages were dropped off, contact your local police department and provide them with a description of the vehicle and operator.
- Write down the vehicle registration if you can obtain it.